CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

God's Mission Quietly Playing Out

After worship service this morning I was stopped by one of the elderly women who attend our church. She told me that see visits with a neighbor a couple hours of week and this last week the discussion turned toward the spiritual realm.

Her neighbor began to challenge the Christian faith and labeled us "narrow minded". She didn't know quite how to respond to the charge so she asked me this morning. I suggested a way or two for her to gently challenge her neighbor to see just how open minded he really is.

She said she would try the approaches that I suggested. I imagine that this happens countless times everyday in every city and town. This is one of the quiet ways that God advances His mission...one person at a time, whether young or old, standing firm in the faith and offering a better way to those who are willing to have a discussion.

After our discussion my heart just lept for joy, knowing that an 80 year old woman was dialoging with a person 25 to 30 years her junior about our Lord. May we have the same zeal when we are in our 80's.

0 comments: